Advertisement

Crews, owners assessing damage after fire at Rack and Helen’s

A fire started in the back of a popular New Haven restaurant on Monday. No one was hurt.
Published: Jun. 20, 2022 at 4:38 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

NEW HAVEN, Ind. (WPTA) - A fire at Rack and Helen’s restaurant in New Haven has been extinguished and the damage it caused was being assessed late Monday afternoon.

The cause of the fire was not immediately clear, but it appeared to ignite in the back of the building. Everyone inside was able to get out unharmed.

The incident brought a heavy fire department response to the 500 block of Broadway Street, where the 50-year-old bar and grill sits. The initial call was made about 1:30 p.m.

This is a developing story.

A fire at Rack and Helen's in New Haven appears to have started toward the back of the bar and...
A fire at Rack and Helen's in New Haven appears to have started toward the back of the bar and grill.(WPTA)

Copyright 2022 WPTA. All rights reserved.