Weekend job fair planned for Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA) - Looking for a summer job? The Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo is looking for staff for the upcoming season.
The zoo is holding a summer job fair Saturday, March 12, from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. Seasonal positions will start pay at $9.20 per hour, with 15 to 40 hours per week depending on the position. Applicants must be at least 16 years old, officials say.
Some open positions include:
- Education Interpreter - Education Interpreters enhance the guest experience at popular exhibits by providing exciting information about the animals, their care, and conservation.
- Front Gate Associate - Front Gate Associates welcome guests into the Zoo by performing admission, membership, and other-point-of-sale transactions at the Zoo entrance.
- Operations Associate - Operations Associates provide guests safe and memorable experiences by operating and assisting at Zoo rides, as well as ensuring a safe and clean environment by performing housekeeping and cleaning duties throughout the Zoo.
- Program Counselor - Program Counselors share hands-on educational programming through the discovery of animals, nature, conservation, and more during the Zoo’s popular Kids for Nature Summer Camp.
- Food Service Associate - Food Service Associates help concession stands, carts, and picnics deliver quality food and beverages for Zoo guests during their visit.
- Gift Shop Sales Associate - Gift Shop Sales Associates welcome and assist guests during their visits to the Wild Things Gift Shop, stroller rental, and retail locations inside the Zoo.
Pre-registration is required for the job fair, click here to pre-register.
Copyright 2022 WPTA. All rights reserved.