Advertisement

COURT DOCS: Former Fort Wayne parole officer charged with sexually assaulting minor

Branden Shaw
Branden Shaw(Staff)
Published: Feb. 28, 2022 at 4:07 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA) - A now-former Fort Wayne parole officer is facing various sexual misconduct charges after documents say he assaulted a minor in his home after giving him alcohol back in 2020.

Court documents say police spoke with the underage victim in January about the offense that happened on August 10, 2020. The victim said he went over to his friend’s home, identified as 41-year-old Branden Shaw. He said Shaw gave him alcohol while the two were in Shaw’s basement.

He said they were playing pool when Shaw turned on an explicit video and Shaw’s 21-year-old son joined them on the couch. The victim said Shaw then assaulted him, and when he asked him to stop, he said Shaw said it was “normal”.

Police then spoke with the mother of the victim, who said he had been at Shaw’s home before and had gone on vacation with him. She said Shaw knew how old her son was and that she had previously seen Shaw give him alcohol, saying she told Shaw not to do so.

Indiana Department of Correction officials confirmed with ABC21 that Shaw is no longer employed by Paroles Services. They would not confirm an exact termination date. Shaw is due in court for an initial hearing on March 1.

Copyright 2022 WPTA. All rights reserved.