ISDH: Nearly all NE IN counties move to ‘red’ COVID-19 advisory level
ALLEN COUNTY, Ind. (WPTA) - The latest update from the Indiana Department of Health shows every northeast Indiana county except for Adams has moved to the highest COVID-19 advisory level.
The department assigns all 92 counties a color-coded score (blue, yellow, orange, and red) each week based on positivity rate and cases per 100,000 people.
On Wednesday, the color-coded map showed a large increase in the number of counties that are in the red category, including Allen. Allen County’s 7-day positivity rate is currently at 16.22% and data shows hospitalizations in the area continue to trend upwards, with just 18.5% of ICU beds currently available for use.
The Allen County Department of Health reported 435 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, bringing the total case count to 69,107 with 887 deaths.
Tune in tonight at 5 and 6 for reaction from Allen County Health Commissioner Dr. Sutter on the new advisory level.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio’s coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- Check out or COVID-19 vaccine resource page here.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
Copyright 2021 WPTA. All rights reserved.