How to report damage caused by the recent flooding - ABC21: Your Weather Authority

How to report damage caused by the recent flooding

Posted: Updated:
(WPTA21) -

If you have flood damage the Indiana Department of Homeland Security is asking you to document it.

The department said homeowners, renters, businesses and private non-profit organizations that sustained uninsured damage caused by severe storms and flooding starting on or after February 15 can report damage online.

People reporting damages will be asked to provide their name, address, phone number and type of damage the property sustained. Losses can include structural damage to homes and loss of personal property.

The department stressed that this is not an application for any assistance program. This information will help county and state agencies in determining the scope of damage, as well whether state or federal assistance will be available for recovery efforts.

People can report the damages by filling out the department's online form. People without internet access are being encouraged to contact a friend, family member or neighbor for assistance. Web access is also available at many libraries, religious institutions, community centers or other public facilities. If none of those options are available, individuals may also contact their county emergency management agency to report damage.

Anyone with questions can contact their county's emergency management agency. Contact information is available at

Powered by Frankly