TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) - Police in Ohio say hospital workers used three doses of the overdose drug naloxone to revive a 1½-year-old boy who tested positive for opioids.
The child's mother tells police in Toledo that her older son saw the toddler put a bag in his mouth that he found at a neighborhood park.
She says the toddler then took a nap Tuesday and that she found him unresponsive. Police say the boy was treated at a hospital and admitted to its intensive care unit.
A Toledo police spokesman says officers are investigating how the child overdosed and how he got the drugs.
Police did not say what type of drug the boy ingested.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.